GCG useful links listing
We maintain a database of useful web links for geological curation. These vary from informative websites, through to suppliers of materials which may help you to carry out your job effectively.
There are too many links to show on one page, so please select a category to view below:Or you can enter a search term below:
- STASHc [advice] - http://stashc.com/ This website provides information and tools so that institutions of all types, sizes and resource levels can learn how to create safe and appropriate storage solutions. These solutions were written by and for collection care professionals in all fields.
- US Geological Survey [organisation] - https://www.usgs.gov/ Created by an act of Congress in 1879, USGS has evolved over the ensuing 125 years, matching its talent and knowledge to the progress of science and technology. USGS is the sole science agency for the Department of the Interior. It is sought out by thousands of partners and customers for its natural science expertise and its vast earth and biological data holdings.
- UK Registrars Group [organisation] - https://www.ukregistrarsgroup.org/ The UK Registrars Group is a non-profit association set up in 1979. It provides a forum for exchanging ideas and expertise between registrars, collection managers and other museum professionals in the United Kingdom, Europe and worldwide.
- MDA codes [advice] - https://collectionstrust.org.uk/mdacodes/ MDA codes are maintained by the Collections Trust on behalf of UK museums. MDA codes form part of unique numbering systems which link museum objects to their organisations.
- Meaco Measurement and Control [supplier] - https://meaco.co.uk/ Providing a range of environmental monitoring and control equipment to include data loggers, handheld devices, humidifiers, de-humidifiers and controllers. Specialising in environmental monitoring and control for museums, archives and galleries.
- Mineral Web [advice] - http://www.minweb.co.uk/ A web site for 3D display of mineral structures
No results yet - try a new search or check out these random links instead...
We provide these links in good faith in the anticipation that they will be of assistance to you in performing your job. However please be aware of the following facts before you proceed.
- These links are provided free of charge and GCG has not received any reward for their inclusion
- Links were correct at the time of entry on the database