Membership of GCG
Membership of the Geological Curators’ Group is open to anyone interested in geology, and will be of particular interest to any individuals or organisations responsible for the care of geological collections, the interpretation or promotion of geological specimens or sites, as well as conservators, historians of geology, volunteers, collectors or preparators. If you wish to see an improvement in curatorial standards, and increased awareness of our geological culture and an appreciation of its great heritage, join GCG now!
- Meetings, seminars and workshops are held several times a year covering a wide variety of themes, and held at various venues, usually in museums. Joint meetings with related organisations are especially fruitful.
- Field trips frequently accompany summer meetings.
- The Geological Curator is the Group’s peer-reviewed journal and was first published in September 1974. It contains articles pertaining to all areas of interest for Group members including historical articles, techniques of conservation, preparation and display, reports of meetings, as well as reviews and news.
- Coprolite is the newsletter of the Group and complements the Geological Curator. Published three times a year, it contains up-to-date news of meetings, people, exhibitions and events as well as other ephemeral matters.
- A website with job vacancies, a map of UK regional geological collection, archived publications, links to suppliers, and other useful information.
- The help, advice and comradeship of a profession dedicated to its cause.
Membership is priced to be affordable to all, and only increased when absolutely necessary.
- UK personal subscription is just £20 per annum
- Other rates are available for concessions, institutions and overseas membership
2017 subs now due